With our decades of installation experience, we have developed an installation process that will eliminate any failures such as sinking, seam separation, wrinkles or weed growth. Scalping the existing subgrade 2-3" and adding our Class II road base layer will provide sufficient drainage for water and pet waste as well as protect against sinking issues and weed growth. Next, our weed barrier layer will eliminate any other chance of weed growth as well as provide sufficient drainage. Using our signature Zipper Seam along with 5" "non- galvanized" steel nails will lock your turf into the base layer by forming a rust ball on the end of the nail from the natural moisture in the ground. This will eliminate any separation that you would get if you used Seam tape and glue instead. And last would be our infill layer, sand, durafill or zeolite for pets depending on your application will provide you a sufficient layer to hold your blades up while reducing the heat and harm that would come from using black crumb rubber instead. Our Installation process has proven to be the best in the industry, with thousands of successful installations across Southern California.
- Remove existing soil / grass ect. ( Up to 4" depending on package )
- Cap Sprinklers or relocate irrigation (depending on package)
- Install 2"- 4" of CLASS II Road base (depending on package) or 2"- 3" of Class 2 Road base capped with Plaster Sand
for Putting greens
- Compact Base
- Concrete in and level Cups for Putting Green
- Layout Turf according to project
- Cut to size and Seam turf using our "Zipper" or "Super" Seam and secure with 5" Steel Nails.
- Stretch and Nail using Knee Kickers and 5" Steel Nails around the perimeter (3 1/2" headless nails for putting greens)
- Nail accordingly throughout center to pull out any wrinkles and secure Turf.
- Pre-Brush Turf with Power Broom
- Spread Infill (Sand, Durafill or ZeoFill - Deodorizer for pets)
- Brush in Infill with Power Brush.
- Clean up project
We have developed the Industries first visually undetectable seam. The Ecoworkz Zipper Seam looks just like it sounds. It's "Zipper" shape uses a staggard seam cut which tricks the human eye into not being able to detect a continuous line vertically, or horizontally at the adjoining seams. This truly is the future of Seaming and it comes standard on all of our installations.
Working with the best manufacturers in the country, our Orange County Artificial Grass, Interlocking Paver and Construction services will provide a long lasting compliment to your home, business or other construction project.